Sutton 8th Grade 2022-23
Hello 8th Grade Parents,
- If you have not paid your child’s $50 eighth grade fee, it is not too late. Please pay using this link: https://sutton-middle-school-pta.square.site/
- Eighth Grade T-Shirts have been ordered. They should be ready and available to deliver to students after the Thanksgiving break. More information about distribution will be coming soon.
- The deadline for Jostens 8th Grade Yearbook ads has been extended (Yay!) and are now due Monday, November 28th. Please click on the link below to order your student’s ad. Pricing and sizing are included on the Josten’s website. Link: https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1039872/Sutton-Middle-School/
2022-2023 8th GRADE EVENT DATES (updated 5/31/23)
- Greetings, parent(s)/guardian(s) of a rising 9th grader at North Atlanta High School. You are receiving this notice to inform you that you must re-register your incoming freshman for the 23-24 school year. Failure to re-register your child will result in him/her being dropped from the roster until re-registration takes place. We will be conducting re-registration from July 17th -20th in person at North Atlanta High School in the front Atrium from 9 AM to 1 PM. However, you can complete the re-registration process online via the Atlanta Public Schools' 24 hour website. There is a video to guide you through the process. The following documents are required when you re-register your child; a valid lease agreement, mortgage statement ,deed or tax bill, Georgia power bill (current month) and photo identification. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Assignment & Records at 404.802.2232 for more information regarding registration requirements
- Summer Reading Assignments: https://www.atlantapublicschools.us/cms/lib/GA01000924/Centricity/Domain/17033/9th%20Grade%20Summer%20Reading%20Assignment%202023-24%20-%20Erica%20Hiers.pdf
- 8th Grade Award Pictures HERE
- The North Atlanta High School Boys Basketball Team will host a summer basketball camp for all rising 8th graders (Sutton), 9th and 10th grade athletes (to include registered transfer students). This will take place on June 19th - 22nd from 8:30am to 1;30pm. Cost of the Camp is $200.00.
The NAHS Coaching staff will provide every student-athlete with an opportunity to receive training, skill work and an introduction to the NAHS base offensive plays. Furthermore, it will provide an opportunity for the players to learn how the NAHS basketball team operates during the season. Attendance is just limited to just 40 players.Flyer HERE
- A heads up from NAHS:
Attention Rising 9th Grade Warriors!
- If you see a 9th grade schedule in Infinite Campus, please disregard. There was master schedule test run this weekend and anything you may currently see IS NOT an actual schedule. Updates to class placements and Add/Drop requests are still being made. Students will not have access to view their official schedules until the end of July. Also, please note that we cannot accommodate teacher requests.
- It is not too late to register for this year’s Summer Bridge for Rising NAHS 9th Graders. Students who attend all 4 days of the program will receive an advanced copy of their Fall 2023 schedule! Please see the attached flyer for more details. Register at the link below!
- Register for Summer Bridge 2023: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/ 1FAIpQLSfPwGtCEmJxFeFQYgT96iqy BTwvxX1fiDwYSXUHuVA0rvovUw/ viewform
- We look forward to seeing you at the Warrior Warm-Up this Wednesday!
We are entering our last 2 weeks of the school year and your students' final days at Sutton Middle School. The 8th Grade Fun Day is this Friday, May 19th immediately following the Field Day. We are going to need your help in order to pull off this day of fun for the kids. Please click on the link below and sign up for as many things as you can and let us if you have any questions.
- The 8th graders will visit North Atlanta High School on Wednesday, May 24 from 12:30-3:30 p.m. The visit is called "Warrior Warmup" and it will introduce the students to the NAHS campus, administration, and programs. The field trip is for students only and will be chaperoned by the 8th grade teachers.
Students received the permission form on Thursday, May 18 and are required to have a signed permission form returned to their homeroom teacher by Tuesday, May 23. Students who do not return the permission form will not be allowed on the trip and will remain at school. Additional forms are available from all 8th grade teachers, Ms. Pannier (8th grade counselor), and in our parent center. rmd.me/WDGTQNT45wy
- ONLY 15 LEFT! 8th grade graduate yard signs are now available to purchase ($25) on the main page of the Sutton school store under the 8th grade section or you can click here. If you have ordered a yard sign and not received it yet, please contact Briana Summers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated 8th Grade May Calendar to include the 8th grade promotion ticket pick up days & times HERE
- 8th Grade Fun Day Flyer
8th Grade Awards Day and Promotion Ceremony
- Thursday, May 25, 2023, at 10:30 am in the Northside Campus gymnasium.
- 2 tickets per student due to capacity restrictions.
- The ceremony will be live-streamed.
- Students are asked to wear white tops with tan khaki bottoms OR a white dress. Please dress appropriately for the occasion.
- If you would like to authorize early check out for your student after the 8th Grade Awards Day, please click here.
- Six Flags Flyer HERE
- Summer Bridge Flyers in English & Spanish
- NYC Trip Power Pont Presentation
A Health History Medical Release form is required for each student traveling on the 8th grade NYC trip. Please print, complete, and return the attached form to Mr. Lloyd by Friday, May 5, 2023 - CLICK HERE
Buy your Graduate Yard Signs HERE
Please read 8th Grade Student Contract HERE
2022-2023 SMS 8th Grade Parent Coordinators:
Kellyann Dunning (Emerson’s Mom) and Meredith Hatfield (Cole’s Mom)
Comments/Questions: Email: email@example.com
Follow our Facebook Page: NAHS Class of 2027 Parents
Here are some other handy links for 8th Grade:
- Sign up for the NAHS Warrior Weekly
Login to confirm your family information. Make sure your email information is correct so that you receive the Sutton Source!
Click HERE for the full calendar
- Saturday, July 22
- Monday, July 31
- Monday, August 7
- Tuesday, August 8
- Wednesday, August 9
- Thursday, August 10
- Monday, August 14
- Tuesday, August 15
- Wednesday, August 16
- Thursday, August 17
- Monday, August 21
- Tuesday, August 22
- Wednesday, August 23