Procedures for Sutton Middle School PTA Check Requests & Deposits
- Know your budget before you spend any funds.
- If you do not know your budget, before spending any PTA funds, please check with either the PTA Presidents, your committee's VP or the PTA Treasurers.
- Reimbursement requests should be submitted no later than 30 days past the date on your receipt.
- The PTA fiscal year is from July 1st through June 30th. All reimbursements for the fiscal year are due no later than June 15. We cannot carry over expenses.
- Check Request Forms and Cash Verification Forms can be found below.
- Budget - If you are spending less than $500 and you are within your budget, you can incur the expense and then submit your check request. If you are spending more than $500 or are not within your budget, please submit check request for approval to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com prior to incurring the expense
- Form - For all check requests, please complete the Sutton PTA Check Request Form (link below to xls and pdf versions) and indicate the budget line item for your check request. Include details about the expense.
- Please ensure you include the mailing address for the check.
- NOTE: For checks to vendors, we will mail the checks directly to the vendor. Please make sure the vendor address is on the invoice or the Check Request Form.
- For reimbursements for expenses previously paid, please include proof of payment/receipt.
- For checks to vendors, please include the invoice/purchase order.
- Send - Please scan and email check request forms and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT place your Check Request Form in the safe as this will delay processing of your reimbursement.
- Timing - Please expect a 7-10 day turnaround for checks due to review and time needed to obtain 2 required signatures. Generally, requests received by 4p on Friday will be processed and mailed (or distributed to teacher mailboxes at school) by Friday of the following week.
Forms to download:
Please note: For Clubs, Sports, Band, Orchestra, Dance, etc., PTA only receives funds for dues. PTA does not receive funds for parties, travel, fundraisers, or other purchases. PTA is not responsible for funds outside of dues established by the applicable PTA Team (Sports, Clubs, Fine Arts, etc.)
- If you are collecting checks, please make sure the purpose of the check is noted on the check (e.g. soccer, band dues, etc.)
- Please use the Cash /Check Verification Form and do not staple checks to the form.
- If you are collecting money for different activities, either prepare separate deposits, or break out the information by activity on a separate sheet.
- Please note you need two people present when money is being received to count, total, and sign the Cash Verification Form.
- Where to place deposits:
- Put cash and checks in an envelope along with the Cash Verification Form and place in the drop safe located in the PTA office at either Sutton campus.
- Note on the Cash Log attached to the safe the date, amount, description of deposit to help the Treasurer track all safe deposit activity.
- Please do not place unidentified funds or funds that have not been verified in the safe. Please do not hold onto cash for any length of time to reduce risk of loss or theft.
Please email Megan Ehrle at email@example.com with any questions.
Login to confirm your family information. Make sure your email information is correct so that you receive the Sutton Source!
Click HERE for the full calendar
- Monday, September 26
- Tuesday, September 27
- Wednesday, September 28
- Thursday, September 29
- Friday, September 30
- Monday, October 3
- Tuesday, October 4
- Wednesday, October 5